25 June 2005
Strangers Gold Pack and First Aid Pack released!
The entire Strangers campaign is available for downlaod as one big installer now - fully tested for compatibility with FFX V2.6.
The Strangers First Aid Pack is also available - this patches an existing Strangers install to be FFX V2.6 compatible and to fix a few minor mission-specific bugs.
Mission Guides have been posted for the final missions.
An online F.A.Q. has been posted to answer the most commonly asked troubleshooting questions about the Strangers.
Finally - The Strangers is finished. Time to start on The Strangers 2....
26 May 2004
Finally! The Strangers "What If?" Pack is released, with new Danger Room levels and campaign support for FFX Squared. Go to the downloads page to get it.
18 March 2004
- New Maps: Hell, Scorpio Mining Colony, New Aeden, New Victoria in Antartica, House of Mirrors (the Jack of Diamond's Houese) plus a special morphing H.I.V.E. map
- New Danger Room scenarios: Royal Flush, Egyptian Nights, Connected we Stand, The Jet Age (New Aeden heroes), History of the H.I.V.E., Infernal Incursion, and for the truly tough amongst you, Beat the Strangers!
- The Shaping Stone appears at random throught dangerroom sessions, and can be armed like a weapon!
- New 'espionage' costumes by the Forcer and Dr Mike for the Strangers in the Danger Room.
- FFX Squared 2.3 support, and some Campaign tweaks, such as extra transmutative abilities for Chaos.
New Mission 9 Fix patch released. (This one should actually work!) Go to the Downloads page to get it.
12 March 2004
Strangers What If? Screenshots here
Strangers What If? Update!
I'm currently working on the "What If?" pack.
This completes the Danger Room experience for the Strangers by adding fully playable super-teams from the campaign such as the Victory Vanguard and Cell 20035 of the H.I.V.E., as well as multiplayable versions of the Strangers themselves, featuring all the usual combo moves and some brilliant new 'team' costumes from the Forcer.
What If? will also make the entire campaign FFX-Squared compatible, allowing custom characters access to the 23 new attributes and 16 new attack types released in FFX-Squared.
Danger Room/muliplayable maps of favourite locations such as Hell, New Aeden, the Scorpio mining colony (with working teleporters), New Victoria and the Jack of Diamond's house will be released.
Extra Danger Room missions where you fight characters from the Strangers campaign are also coming.
So if you ever wanted to know if the Victory Vanguard would win in a fight against the forces of Hell in a space colony, your time is coming soon!
7 February 2004
Mission 9 Bug Fix released!
Some users have reported that Mission 9 (The End of the World) doesn't end correctly when using shapeshifting characters. A patch has been adressed to fix this.
1 December 2003
Episode 8 Bug Fix Patch 2 released!
Characters with Energy Shield or similar FFX powers now dissappear correctly in Mission 18A when KO'd
15 November 2003
Episode 8 Bug Fix Patch released!
- Crash bug that occurs in Mission 18A when Drummond is not recruited is fixed
- The Conection gets much nastier in 18A once you've kept it away long enough. No more stalemates on this level hopefully.
- Preliminary skirmish and MP fixes. All FFX customisations made for campaign should now work on the Danger Room. The skirmish mode will be fully addressed in a future release.
8 November 2003
Episode 8 Released!
The final missions for the Strangers campaign are here.
Available, as always, from the downloads page.
- 2 New missions - Partners in Wonder and Temperance, featuring the climatic battle to save the Earth from the Connection!
- Credits cutscene/savegame - whilst the Strangers has been primarily a one man effort you can now see the meshes scabbed off the web in all their glory in a dedicated cutscene with full credits!
- Beautiful new skins by the Forcer for many of the key characters!
- Two new skirmish levels - Egyptian Nights and Beat the Strangers!
- New mission loading screen for mid-game saves!
10 October 2003
Work continues on Episode 8. 1 Mission done, 1 to go.
Episode 7 Bug Fix Patch V2 released. Available from the downloads page.
- King Zero now gains XP properly again
- Mission 4: Anemone can get knocked out of her room by water cannons and registers correctly as freed now
- Mission 14B: Jimmy now has foolproof EXCITE command on the crystals to activate them
- Mission 16A: Destroying the secondary entrance to the Strangers base instantly prevents anyone from entering
11 September 2003
Episode 7 bug fix patch released. See the downloads page.
7 September 2003
Episode 7 - Smoke and Mirrors released.
A mission so cool it has to be released on its own! The off-world saga ends with Devil Doll's team travelling back in time to the roaring 30's.
Get it now from the downloads page.
One new mission - Smoke and Mirrors
A new form of the MIMIC ability for Devil Doll
The usual power tweaks and bug fixes to previous missions.
5 August 2003
Strangers Episode 6 has arrived!
Available as a 12M patch for existing users or the whole campaign to date (27 missions) for 56M. Both install options fully incorporate FFX, so no need to download this separately now - think of it as a try before you buy if you're unsure of installing FFX.
- 5 new missions.
Think you can cope with the hard yards, mister?
Or do you goof off when the pressure's on?
Join the Spider and the Fly 25000 years from now as they knuckle down to the demanding schedule of...
WORK IN THE DIAMOND AGE! (Parts 1-3)
What's got 8000 heads, 16000 legs and wants nothing more than to wipe the Strangers off the face of the Earth? Join the home guard team of your choice as they face the strangest fighting unit ever assembled in....
THE HUMAN RACE! (Parts 1-2)
- Science for everyone! Your custom character can now buy the Scientist attribute and do many of the things that The Fly and the Spider do. There's even a custom analyse command in the last mission despite the fact that the Spider and the Fly can't participate!
- The final character tweak - No-one escapes the Spider with her new Web Snag attack.
- More bug fixes than you can shake a stick at.
6 June 2003
Strangers Episode 5 Patch
Available from the Downloads page, this will fix a variety of bugs reported by users of both Episode 5 and the Year One package.
24 May 2003
- Spider and Fly meshes added to mod for those using non-standard meshes in their main data folder
- Animated buildings now have meshes for Mission 14B
- Exploding King of Club robots behave correctly in Mission 7
- Numerous text typos fixed in database entires and speech text
- Prestige problem solved for characters who are introduced during a mission (Devil Doll, King Zero, Adam Zorn, Chaos and the Spider were all getting cheated out of XP for secondary objectives)
- Script crash bug in Missions 1 and 3 from the emergency patch resolved
- Strangers.py file now auto-updates to prevent a number of wierd bugs from occurring
Strangers Episode 5 released!
Go to the Downloads Section. For existing players there's the Episode 5 patch (requires the first four episodes installed), weighing in at 10M. For new players, there's Strangers Year One, containing all 22 missions for a staggeringly small 48M!
Strangers Epsiode 5 features
- FIVE new missions!
- A full set of save games to accomodate the latest (and final) round of character tweaks and makes all previous missions backwards-compatible with Freedom Force X!
- Pre-release latest version of FFX (V1.3) with numerous bug-fixes and enhancements.
- Guest artwork by the man known as Professor Frink!
- Custom character support - customs appear in base cut scenes and have access to FIVE new combo moves if they have the right characteristics.
- The world's first 'Rogue' Style mimic. With training, Devil Doll can mimic the powers of an opponent but retain her appearance!
- Music added to ALL cutscenes by popular request/complaint!
15 May 2003
Work continues on Episode 5.
- Five new missions: train till you drop in Voice of the H.I.V.E., before taking Adam and Jimmy off-world to witness the Garden's End, the first of four concurrent missions requiring a total team of 14 characters! Better start getting your custom characters ready...
- Full compatibility with Freedom Force X. Creating those customs has never been so much fun!
- Character revamps, new FX and new abilities for existing characters.
- Two new combo moves within the team, plus five new secret combo moves that the Strangers can use on custom characters with certain statistics!
- Skirmish mode. Private training will be available through the standard danger-room, with Strangers specific modes featuring all your favourite supervillains from the campaign.
- Guest loading screen artwork by the man known as Professor Frink!
Click here for some screenshots.