A free-roaming city mod for FFvTTR
21 August 2005
Patriot City V1.1 Bug Fix patch released!
Thanks to initial feedback from SephirothLighthawk, Phantom Eyebrow and USAgent and others, the following bugs have been fixed in this patch.
- FFX Control Centre has functions to prevent crashes on entering Rumble Room or loading a Save Game
- Team Up Buddies no longer act independently of player commands
- The Bard and others lose their interrogation command once they become playable
- Purple Darkman cutscene now plays correctly
- Defeating and recruiting Quetzalcoatl now registers on the objectives screen
- Defeating Shadow or Pinstripe now triggers end of mission correctly
- If the Quetzalcoatl clone is not defeated on a first encounter it can respawn, allowing this arc to end
- Junction between sewer levels have been moved to prevent allies from getting stuck in the scenery
- When your main hero is defeated, all allies get Ko'd and the mission ends correctly.
16 August 2005
Patriot City V1.0 Released!
For an ultra-slim 17M you get the following:
- Free-roaming campaign technology that allows you to patrol the city indefinitely in search of crime!
- Five scripted story arcs for you to unlock whilst keeping the streets safe!
- Fully integrated with the latest FFX and M25 AI technology, including the latest Free for All and Custom Instant Action Rumble room modes!
- Dynamic day and night system that makes time pass as you fight the forces of evil!
- Weapons and gadgets that can be purchased from a mysterious ally in return for prestige points!
- Custom Villain Tool allows you to select your own villains to guest-star as random encounters in the city!
9 August 2005
The Patriot City mod is coming soon.
This will be a free-roaming Freedom Force campaign, set in a city consisting of several maps which you can travel freely between.
Starting in your apartment, you can patrol the streets during day or night, gaining experience and prestige as you defeat randomly encountered criminals, and take part in various story arcs as you discover what happened to the Freedom Force and why the fate of the city rests in your hands.
See the Features page for some screenshots and more details.